There is always a reason why the Oscars cause a stir of excitement during the awards season. We’re not talking about the show stopping couture gowns, expensive designer shoes or even the glitzy occasion itself, ultimately we had our eyes peeled for the exquisite jewellery being worn on the red carpet. The jewellery tends to be more dazzling, one of a kind and are worth millions, and the Oscars 2015 didn’t disappoint.
Here we have highlighted the best jewels worn on the night.
1. Australian actress Margot Robbie wore an iconic 1930s inspired Van Cleef and Arpels antique Colombine ‘zip’ necklace which was originally created for the Duchess of Windsor. It consists of 18ct yellow gold, diamonds and blue sapphires gemstones with tassel drop. The zipper is fully functional and can be adjusted and transform into a drop choker. It can also be zipped all the way and worn as a bracelet.
2. Oscar winning Australian actress Cate Blanchett is the essence of elegance wearing a stunning multi-row turquoise, aquamarine and diamond statement bib necklace by Tiffany and Co from their new collection Tiffany Blue Book 2015. It is contemporary with an element of playfulness at the same time.
3. Pitch Perfect actress Anna Kenderick looks like she belongs to a European Royal family when she wore a stunning Norman Silverman diamond cluster earrings which consists of marquise and pear shape diamonds approximately 13cts in total. Worn with an updo hairstyle, the earrings accentuate her flawless feature and goes perfectly well with the diamond halterneck.
4. Jewellery with a fabulous twist. Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o wore a pearl-embellished ivory dress by Calvin Klein consisting of 6,000 pearls. It is luxurious and created using a variety of different pearl sizes for intricate texture. I couldn’t imagine how long it would have taken to create this memorable gown. This dress will surely be exhibited in a museum one day.
5. Zoe Saldana wore an absolute stunner on the night; a breathtaking $1 million Neil Lane platinum diamond choker consisting of pear shapes, baguettes and round brilliant cut diamonds 100ct in total. Although the choker does not instantly jump out from the crowd, you could definitely appreciate the fine craftsmanship and flawless quality of the piece.
6. Emma Stone wore an elegant art deco inspired rose cut diamond cuff in 18ct yellow and white gold by Tiffany and Co which drew inspiration from the 1940s glamour. It has a swirly/wavy shape that blends naturally into the yellow gold embellished sequin design of her dress. The cuff is part of Tiffany and co’s newest collection in 2015.
7. Sophisticated and attention-grabbing, Chloe Moretz looked simply stunning in her ForeverMark pear shape and marquise cluster diamond ear cuff that is very much on trend this season. It adds an extra edge to her feminine frock.
8. It may be part of her figure hugging dress but Scarlett Johansson’s emerald bib statement necklace has a wow factor. We love how the necklace seemlessly cascades down like a waterfall. Is green the new jewellery colour trend for this season? She paired this with a Piaget ear cuff for a trendy look.
9. It wouldn’t be Oscar night without the iconic Harry Winston jewels. Model Karoline Kurkova wore a diamond cluster wrap around bracelet and multi layered statement diamond ring. This overall look epitomised golden Hollywood glamour in the 1930s – 1060s.
10. Lastly, Laura Dern wore a ring that is more special than most. She wore a statement Bulgari turquoise emerald cut cocktail ring in support for the Lung Force, where turquoise is the signature colour for the charity group. The ring features miniscule diamonds on the sides for a classic yet contemporary look.